It is no surprises that clogged drains are a homeowner’s worst nightmare for a number of reasons. It is possible to use some simple do it yourself methods to do drain cleaning. But one should remember that timely drain maintenance and repairs will take care of everything. One can use things like drain jetting equipment, boiling hot water or chemical drain cleaners to unclog troublesome drains.
It can be frustrating at times, but following a few preventive measures will help you maintain your drains in the long run.
Preventive measures you can follow
• Avoid draining any fatty or greasy fluids into your drains as they cling to the sides of the pipes and obstruct the flow of waste water and eventually lead to an unwanted clog.
• Another big culprit that often goes unnoticed is hair bundles. They block the drains completely and create a blockage. So it is always better to clean the plugholes in your bathrooms on a regular basis.
• For regular drain maintenance you can make a mixture of hot water, vinegar and baking soda and treat your drains with this solution every fifteen days. This will surely take care of any blocks you are likely to face.
• Also, make sure you clean your bathroom, sinks and other clog prone areas once every week. This does not allow any dirt and dust to settle in the pipes.
• Do not throw any diapers, sanitary pads and other such disposables down the drain as they will surely cause a blockage somewhere.
You can be free from any worries about drain clogs if you adopt these preventive measures.