Sunday, June 5th, 2011
There are problems like failure in a pump, pipe bursts, backup from a sewer, etc. that can result in major flooding inside your house. It is therefore advisable to have the plumbing of your house periodically checked for any type of plumbing problems and to prevent any major calamities within the walls of your home. It is better to prevent a plumbing issue than to try and repair it later because pipe bursts and floods can be a very messy issue to deal with.
Tips to protect your house from flooding and other damages:
• Before winter, check your sump pump for effectiveness in water removal to prevent a possible flood in your basement during heavy rain. Keep a spare or auxiliary pump handy, just in case the main pump fails.
• If a pipe shows a sign of a leak or even a trickle, it must be tended to immediately. It will lead to a burst if it is left unattended.
• Before you decide to draw out the water without any professional help, assess the possible damage to the structure that may occur in the time it will take you to achieve this. A professional will have all the necessary tools it takes to deal with any type of flooding issues; they are bound to be much faster.
• Clean all your drains on a regular basis; ensure that there are no papers or other small items clogging your drain. Sewer backflows is a major cause for flooding in homes.
• The flooding of houses due to plumbing issues can mostly be avoided by taking the proper measures. If not done in time, you will be forced to deal with ruined floors, spoilt carpets and damaged furniture.